Sunday, April 19, 2009

breaking ground








Almar garden update...

After spending my morning freeing the last of our trees from an army of vines, Jeff and I broke ground on a raised bed vegetable garden today. I've got the sunniest spot near the house, inside 8' of deer defence fencing, but still have to figure out a defence against the woodchuck that lives nearby. I foresee caddyshack scenes unfolding...

We put in a solid afternoon of lumber lifting, pole digging, circular sawing and ended up with a reasonably solid structure to work with. There's still a couple of weeks before the last frost date, but after that I'll have more to post...

1 comment:

  1. Our dog always took care of the woodchucks. I used to feel a little bad about it until I saw a woodchuck nibbling on our prized lettuce...

    ReplyDelete